At its best, bartending is more than just following the instructions in a standard cocktail recipe. A good bartender
- understands beverage taste profiles and flavor interactions,
- feels confident giving drink recommendations, and
- makes their customers feel welcomed and comfortable.
Mixing drinks is an art, and it takes practice and experience to do it well. That’s why we decided to add “Mixology: The Art of the Cocktail" to our training catalog. It’s an optional course intended to help new bartenders — or people who want to become bartenders — learn the basics of mixing drinks.
The course is meant to be information only, so there is no final test. It’s an open progression course, meaning you can skip modules you don’t need and focus on the areas where you need to grow your knowledge the most.
In just under an hour, you will learn about:
- Bartender tools used for mixing drinks
- Types of liquor
- How to make popular drinks
- Various options for garnishes
In the final module, we'll give you some tips for breaking into the bartending industry. The course also includes 40 recipes for popular drinks!
About the Course
- Approximately 51 minutes long
- 100% online
- Compatible with mobile devices
- No final test
- Certificate of completion is available for download immediately after completing the final module
Course progress is automatically saved, so learners can take it at their own pace and on any device.
NOTE: This course does NOT replace responsible beverage service training!
How to Buy “Mixology: The Art of the Cocktail"
"Mixology" is currently available for $4.95 as an add-on to responsible alcohol service training. If you are one of our industry partners, contact your account representative. If you represent an organization but are not yet one of our partners, contact our sales team.
If you’re looking for training for yourself, you can buy "Mixology" on the Cart page. Follow these steps:
- Choose a responsible beverage service training product.
- On the Cart page, scroll down to the “Frequently Purchased Together" section.
- Select “Mixology: The Art of the Cocktail."
You can also call Customer Support at (801) 494-1416 for help adding the product to your cart.
— Jessica Pettit
Download/print cartoon: Vampire Bartender
Order our cartoon calendar: Food Safety Cartoon Calendar